Mornings can be a rush to get ready for school. Most kids and teens don't spend enough time brushing their teeth causing poor dental hygiene that can lead to tooth decay.
Here's some reminder tips:
- Brush at least twice a day - after breakfast and before bedtime. You should also brush after lunch or sweet snacks. Brushing properly breaks down plaque.
- Take your time while brushing. Spend at least 2 or 3 minutes each time you brush. If you have trouble keeping track of the time, use a timer or play a recording of a song you like to help pass the time.
- Be sure your toothbrush has soft bristles.
- Ask your parents to help you get a new toothbrush every 3 months.
- Ask your dentist if an antibacterial mouth rinse is right for you.
- Learn how to floss your teeth. Flossing is a very important way to keep your teeth healthy. Flossing gets rid of food where your toothbrush can't get to, no matter how well you brush.
- Brushing your tongue is a sure way to help keep your breath stay fresh!
Remember these tips to aim for an A+ smile!!!
Dentist in Brampton